Pediatric Surgeons in Naples & Boca Raton, FL
The KIDZ Medical Services Pediatric Surgical Center is committed to providing and promoting excellence in the surgical care of children. Our excellent surgical care extends from newborn babies to young adults.
Our surgeons are board certified in pediatric surgery. The nurses and office staff at the Pediatric Surgical Center are specially trained in pediatric surgical care. Excellent surgical care of a child takes a special expertise, not only for the disease and its surgical management, but also for the psychosocial needs of the child and his or her family.
Pediatric Surgical Center Services
Our pediatric surgeons perform a wide range of general surgical procedures from minor outpatient procedures such as laser surgeries and minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures to complex inpatient surgeries such as thoracic procedures and repairing congenital (birth) defects.
Some of the reasons a pediatrician may refer your child to a pediatric surgeon are:
- Anorectal malformations (birth defect in which the anus and rectum don’t develop properly)
- Gastroschisis (birth defect of the abdominal wall in which the baby's intestines are found outside of the baby's body)
- Hydroceles (swelling of the scrotum that is common in newborns)
- Imperforate anus (birth defect in which the opening to the anus is missing or blocked)
- Inguinal hernias (a birth abnormality, mostly in boys, in which part of the baby’s intestines bulges through the abdominal wall into the groin area)
- Omphaloceles (birth defect of the abdominal wall in which the baby’s intestines, liver, and other organs protrude through the belly button)
- Pyloric stenosis (gastric obstruction in babies that can cause forceful vomiting and dehydration)
- Skin lesions
- Umbilical hernias (a birth abnormality in which part of the baby’s intestines bulges through the abdominal wall and pokes out of the belly button)
- Undescended testes (condition in which one or both of a baby boy's testicles do not descend into the scrotum before birth)
Fore More on Pediatric Surgery, Contact Us Today!
If your child needs surgery for a birth defect or other problem, trust the experts at KIDZ Medical Services. Call to make an appointment with one of our pediatric surgeons or request an appointment online.
KIDZ Pediatric Surgeons