Pediatric Emergency Physicians
Children Emergency Care
The dedicated pediatric emergency physicians of KIDZ Medical Services are specialists in the care of children who are acutely ill or have been injured. They are trained to care for a wide range of conditions that require immediate medical assistance, since many of these problems are often serious and may even be life-threatening. In fact, your pediatrician may call on one of our pediatric emergency doctors to help if your child has a serious healthcare need that requires urgent attention.
Our pediatric ER physicians have expertise in each of the following areas:
- Medical emergencies that require special techniques and procedures
- Treatment that meets the unique medical needs of infants, children, adolescents, or young adults, including administering medications or using special equipment in specific ways
- Diagnosing problems in children who are unable to communicate and cooperate because of age, pain, illness, anxiety or fear
- Relieving the pain and anxiety experienced by children and families during a medical emergency
- Knowledge of current research and education in pediatric emergency medicine
Some of the acute medical problems our pediatric emergency doctors address include:
- Airway obstruction
- Allergic reactions/anaphylaxis
- Animal bites
- Asthma exacerbations
- Congenital heart disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Dental injuries
- Difficulty breathing
- Eye injuries
- Fever, high or persistent
- Foreign body removal
- Gastrointestinal emergencies
- Genitourinary emergencies
- Head injuries/concussions
- Heat cramps/exhaustion/stroke
- Hormonal dysregulation
- Insect stings
- Metabolic disorders
- Neurologic emergencies
- Pain, severe
- Pulmonary disorders
- Respiratory distress
- Sickle cell disease
- Sports injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Traumatic injuries
- Type 1 diabetes /diabetic ketoacidosis
Emergency Pediatric Services, PA
Established in 1996, Emergency Pediatric Services (EPS), PA, provides 24-hour emergency pediatric medical care in multiple hospitals throughout South Florida. Our pediatric emergency physicians are highly trained and experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of infants, children, and teenagers, from patients with simple infections or injuries to those who are critically ill or injured. We are always available to care for your child no matter what time of the day or night you need it.
Emergency pediatric services physicians are licensed and qualified to provide medical services in Florida. Most of our physicians are board certified in pediatrics and all have specialized training in providing emergency care to children.
Our pediatric emergency doctors continuously strive to stay up-to-date on emerging medical techniques. We provide them with continuing education opportunities on a regular basis to ensure they remain at the top of their field. We focus on premier education, in-depth and high-quality training, and respectful and caring medical service.
Although we are a large group, we endeavor to maintain the feel of a small family business. We value a supportive and respectful environment and pride ourselves on offering personal, nurturing care to all of our patients and their families.
EPS physicians are dedicated to providing the highest quality care for your child, from the moment you walk into the emergency room until their care is complete, with compassion, understanding, and professionalism.
For more information about our emergency medicine services, contact KIDZ Medical Services at (305) 661-1515.